- RSS Channel Showcase 2682279
- RSS Channel Showcase 3152104
- RSS Channel Showcase 4997530
- RSS Channel Showcase 2965230
Articles on this Page
- 05/02/16--02:52: _Julia Manning exhib...
- 07/20/16--06:19: _Ben Woodhams SWLA p...
- 07/21/16--01:53: _John Busby seabird ...
- 08/28/16--01:40: _SWLA printmaking co...
- 08/28/16--10:04: _evelina flodstrom –...
- 09/06/16--00:45: _David Hunt – bursar...
- 02/07/17--09:27: _Details for The Nat...
- 06/06/17--01:08: _SWLA at British Bir...
- 06/29/17--04:20: _Learn to draw birds...
- 07/05/17--07:12: _Wynona Legg – bursa...
- 07/26/17--03:23: _Tora Benzeyen – bur...
- 10/02/17--08:14: _Mono and Relief pri...
- 10/02/17--08:15: _Painting in the Par...
- 10/02/17--08:15: _Screenprinting with...
- 12/07/17--04:03: _SWLA/SOC exhibition...
- 12/07/17--06:06: _Kingcombe Meadows P...
- 04/03/18--04:16: _Ud i det blå – ‘the...
- 05/02/16--02:52: Julia Manning exhibiting with PINE FERODA
- 07/20/16--06:19: Ben Woodhams SWLA posted about the Turkish Sweetgum Project
- 07/21/16--01:53: John Busby seabird drawing course bursaries
- 08/28/16--01:40: SWLA printmaking courses 2016
- 08/28/16--10:04: evelina flodstrom – bursary winner 2016
- 09/06/16--00:45: David Hunt – bursary winner 2016
- 06/06/17--01:08: SWLA at British Bird Watching Fair 2017
- 07/05/17--07:12: Wynona Legg – bursary winner 2017
- 07/26/17--03:23: Tora Benzeyen – bursary winner 2017
- 10/02/17--08:14: Mono and Relief printing workshop with Greg Poole
- 10/02/17--08:15: Screenprinting with Jane Smith SWLA
- 12/07/17--04:03: SWLA/SOC exhibition ‘On Migration’ 17th February-4th April 2018
- 12/07/17--06:06: Kingcombe Meadows Project exhibition – 29th March to 5th April 2018
Julia Manning RE ASWLA is one of the five members of the wood cut print collaboration called PINE FERODA. They have 2 exhibitions coming up at REBECCA HOSSACK GALLERY 2A CONWAY ST LONDON W1T 6BA 4-28TH MAY www.rebeccahossack.com DEVON GUILD OF … Continue reading
The Turkish Sweetgum Project Earlier in June I was lucky enough to be one of four SWLA (Society of Wildlife Artists) artists invited to take part in an EU funded partnership with Doğa Koruma Merkezi (DKM), a Turkish environmental NGO. … Continue reading
We are starting to receive applications for John Busby seabird drawing course bursaries. These will be judged around mid October and the winners announced at the annual Natural Eye exhibition at the Mall galleries. This years course was as good as … Continue reading
Screenprint with Carry Akroyd – Sat 29th Oct Linocuts with Robert Greenhalf (assisted by Brin Edwards) – Sun 30th Oct Mono and Relief Prints with Kim Atkinson & Greg Poole – Sun 6th November Fuller descriptions of the courses to … Continue reading
I never dreamed that I would get a bursary, especially SWLA and Seabird Drawing Course. And to my great surprise and happiness I actually won it along with two other artists for 2016! A little tense and nervous about the … Continue reading
Standing on Bass Rock, looking up into a dark, ominous sky trying to take in the spectacle of thousands of Gannets reeling and swirling in the wind. The constantly changing shapes, sharp and angular, soft and rounded, delicate tones. To … Continue reading
The Mall Galleries have updated their website with information on dates and how to submit to The Natural Eye – SWLA Exhibition 2017 Society of Wildlife Open Exhibition Call for Entries Submissions are invited to the Society of Wildlife Artists 54th … Continue reading
The world famous British Bird Watching Fair attracts over 20,000 visitors over the three day event and the Society of Wildlife Artists is proud to be part of the experience. The impressive Art Marquee offers visitors the chance to buy … Continue reading
Another great week long drawing course on the Firth of Forth. Our joint exercises getting more and more challenging with guest tutor Kim Atkinson inviting us to use sound drawing (clamour of kittiwake and gargle of guillemots in sound foreground) as … Continue reading
Receiving the news that I had won a bursary with the SWLA, I was so incredibly over the moon. The news was especially welcome having had to turn down a place on the seabird drawing course the previous year because … Continue reading
To be honest, I didn’t know anything about the SWLA and seabird drawing course until last summer & the Turkish Sweetgum Project (2016) . Meeting with the four great artists who are already members of SWLA changed all my perspective … Continue reading
Sunday 22nd October 2017 10.30 til 4.30 pm We will look at how printmaking can help to simplify and evolve ideas. The methods we will be using would be easy to set up … Continue reading
Saturday 21st October 2017 11.00 am til 4.00 pm This workshop is all about drawing birds from life, using as models the collection of tame wildfowl in nearby St. James’s Park. We will have the use of the Learning Centre … Continue reading
Thursday 19th October 2017 10.30 til 4.30 pm Jane Smith, author and illustrator of Wild Island, is a print-maker, specialising in screen printing. On this one day course you will learn the basics of screen printing, and finish by making … Continue reading
The Society of Wildlife Artists’s will be holding an exhibition in the SOC’s Donald Watson Gallery, 17th February-4th April 2018. Donald was a founder member of the SWLA and 2018 is the centenary of his birth. The gallery also had … Continue reading
In 2017 the Dorset Wildlife Trust celebrated 30 years of Kingcombe Meadows Nature Reserve, a beautiful mosaic of unimproved pasture, wildflower meadows, woodland and ancient hedgerows in the heart of the rolling hills and vales of the southwest. The Trust invited SWLA members … Continue reading
Ud i det blå – Field Painting course (picture: Ben Woodhams) Ud i det blå – Field Painting course on Bornholm, with Greg Poole and Ben Woodhams, Sunday the 9th to Saturday the 15th September, 2018 The Course Drawing and … Continue reading